Saturday, October 23, 2004

12 laps amidst 4 'children' pools

12 laps amidst 4 'children' pools

Okay, Tampines swimming pool is strictly out of bounds to all "albert, albe, bert, bertie, wei leong". First the changing room is not only small, it is open-concept (which means old men, old men and more old men). Second, the CHILDREN!! There are supposed to be a wading pool, learners pool, teaching pool and a competition pool. But in short, they are all CHILDREN's pools. Kids were everyone in those ridiculously colourful swimming costumes and cute rubber or polyvinyl chloride (it's a polymer that is water-resistant) floats (no rubber duckies though). Third, where there are kids having swimming lessons, there are aunties. Concerned mums who "float" around the pool looking at their lovely darlings swim with gasping breath. I mean, I know this is supposed to be a public pool popular with the community but this is just too much. Good grief that the pool will be closed on 1st Nov for upgrading. Plus, for such a lousy pool, it charges 30cents more than yck pool.

Exams are approaching and I think a lot of people are surprised by the fact that the exams are so late in the month. Most of my friends are now having fun already, well with the exception of the usual O'level batch.


Sigh, I so do not look forward to the end of O'levels (I am not taking them) and the coming of the end of the year. December 2003 was horrible, even though my birthday was in it, and I seriously hope the same old disappointments that took place last year in that month would not happen again this year. If December 2004 turned out to be as heart-wrenching, I think I'd have to go for a tear-duct-removal operation in case I cry myself blind.

CUrRenT SOng chOIC3: Music of the Night (Phantom of the Opera)

1 Kings 17-19
"We cannot expect to live defectively and pray effectively." At first I thought that sentence meant simply to live a prayerful life or one has to live out a life with Christ-like principles. But as I continue doing my QT, I realised that from the lives of the prophet Elija, I see a great difference between how he prays and how I pray.


Elija prays to God and asked that God uses him, normal folks like me just prays to God and ask for solutions to problems. This is just like instead of praying, "God save that friend of mine who disbelieves in Christ but follows a false goddess and Satan and grant him salvation out of your mighty grace", we should pray,"God use me to influence my friend's life for he does not believes in Christ but follows a false goddess and Satan and let me help him find the only true light to salvation." (My QT material referred to this as 'prayer of incovenience'.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home