Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Let's play with numbers!!

Let's play with numbers!!

5 is for the number of rhythms I learnt today at guitar class. They were pretty easy, considering the fact that I skipped the previous two lessons. And next week will be the last lesson, which means after that I have three choices. 1. Throw my guitar away and leave more time for other stuff, in the mean time concentrate on my piano techniques. 2. Join NYP's Guitar Ensemble. 3. Join the Strum-n-Sing. So does anybody has any advice for me?

4 is for the number of questions I had to do for my biochemical science take-home tutorial. Do you not find the name weird? I mean, instead of homework, it's called take-home tutorial. And by the way, almost everybody else also take home their usual tutorials.

3 is for the number of reports left for me to complete by friday. It's either I manage to finish them in time or I have a splitting headache and collapse before then. Plus, my printer decided to give me more trouble by running out of black ink. Great, ink needs money and they ain't exactly cheap.

2 is for the number of sports that interest me currently. Have not played street bandy (it's similar to floorball/ice hockey) for quite some time, and I also missed out on swimming last week. I think I'd go either on wednesday after that short 2 hours lesson with mr albert yong or friday before that short 2 hours semestral project presentation.

1 is for the number of workable phone I have currently. My dear 6610 decided to give up on me. Shuya, we share the same plight girl. Mine is also a problem with the keypad. 1 is also for the number of phonebill that has arrived. Sigh, money again.

current song choice: Longer & Leader of the Band by Dan Fogelberg

Matthew 5:38-39 (Retaliation) You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you. Do no resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (ESV)

Just within a day of being reminded about the above verses, I received an e-mail from a friend and a brother-in-Christ that mentioned the same. Reading through his devotional sharing has brought to me quite a few insights on Christian mannerisms and behaviour.

We are suppose to be different from non-believers, because in us, dwells the Holy Spirit of God. Through Him who gave us salvation, we are to strive to grow more like the Lord and our life is to be ever-changing towards for the better. It is not easy, to love our enemies (Matthew 5:43) but that does not means we stop trying to achieve it. God himself expressed his love for us when he died for our sinners. Is it too much to ask that we follow Him and do the same for those who are unsaved?

Till now, I have yet to change a bad habit of mine in class. I go around threatening to break other people's arm/s. Albeit the fact that I always say it in a joking manner, I know that it does not reflect well on me by being violent and irritating. I gave people the right to say, "what kind of a christian is that? he goes around being violent." It is really very hard to imagine me trying to love people when I'm also "trying" to break their limps at the same time.

Well I guess it's time to bring this to prayer. As impossible as it may be, I know that with a determined heart strengthened by God, I can break this bad habit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home