Monday, September 25, 2006

I went to catch Singapore Repertory Theatre's Forbidden City: Portrait Of An Empress with jason on Saturday night. Initially we had planned to watch the last show but that was before we knew about the supposedly "extension" of the show until the 30th of this month. Well, you can't book the Esplanade for an extension at the last minute. According to some article I read somewhere, the SRT booked the theatre for the 8th until the 30th 2 years ago in order to meet the IMF and World Bank meetings.

Anyhow, the musical was great. Honestly I think that the critics do not give the cast enough credit. It is really not as bad as what the papers are saying.

On a side note, I received the closure I needed tonight. It has been around a month but I guess it is never too late for mysteries to be solved. Fancy someone childish saying I'm too young.


Like children need their mother
Like rivers need a sea
Like lovers need each other
Like prisons need a key

Like winter nights need fire
Like temples need a shrine
Like lovers need desire
Like prophets need a sign

I need him
Can't he see?

I need her

To be mine...

~ "I Need Him" Yehenara, Empress, Record Keepers, Kate, Morrison


Thus tonight I allowed myself to cry yet once more, to sob like babies need attention, like beauties need their knights, like lovers need affection, like flowers need sunlight.

I no longer need you.

After tonight, I will shed no more tears for you. I am moving on...

One of the things I missed most about you is your voice, and tonight I heard it once again although you only said one single word to me - hello.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger p[-_-]q said...

tears of agony that marks the beginning of a new era.

(})

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home