Saturday, May 30, 2009

Once there was a young man who devoted his heart and time to grow an apple tree. Everyday without fail, he would water the tree and check the leaves for signs of infestation, wishing the tree would quickly bear fruit. However he soon grew impatient, frustrated and of course, 'emo'.

One day, a wise old man told him this, "You should know that not all things should be carried out in haste. Force the tree to bear fruit before it's ready and I can assure you, you will regret the end results. Give the tree its own time and space and trust that under your care and with what nature has already provided for it, when the time comes, eventually you will have apples that are both ripe and sweet."






Remember when I used to say if I have a problem with Leo, the problem probably lied with me; but when so many of us have problems with him, it's his problem instead.

Edwin said to me, "you have this perfect image of how a perfect relationship should be like and when things do not turn out your way, you give up and say 'this is not it' ".

Well, I think by now I've got to admit - I'm the one with the problem. If there is anything I've learnt as a sailor, it's that when you made a mistake, you be man enough to stand up and admit it instead of fearing reproof. It's 'bout time I slap myself and start learning from all my past mistakes and failures.

Daniel thought that, "you are only ready for a relationship when you realised that you do not need it." For the past 2 years after the end of that grand disaster, I've been trying so hard to find that someone who can complement me, it was as if I was looking for a missing part of my life. Am I really ready to commit to whoever God has intended for me, or if not, believe and accept that I can have an equally fulfilling life staying single?

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM , Blogger N|vlem said...

better late than never to realise and learn.. everybody is entitled and has the right to do that... it's not exclusive.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home