Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Correction: currently blogging my last few entries before taking this down.

Explanation: it symbolises moving on with closure, although all of a sudden I have people coming to me and saying I should not take it down.

Character Identification: Koda - the bear in Walt Disney's movie Brother Bear. (Did you know? That the movie initial name was Brother Bear, and it was changed to just Bears, and then to some other longer name and finally changed back to Brother Bear). Dory - aka doryfish in Finding Nemo.

Anyway, so suddenly I felt that there were more stuff that I want to write about, therefore tada!!

What is love?? Human love?? God's love??

There are a lot of people out there whom I like, of coz la almost everyone's so nice to me what. And there are those whom I'm attracted to, those whom I tend to mention more often than usual and look at with more frequency when compared to others. But of course, crushes, infatuations, and "attractions" put aside, who do I really like? As in you know, like, not like. Who do I have a thing for??

And above all, who do I love?? The love for my family, love for my friends and love for my enemies even. But having said that, I do not really have enemies la, or at least no one I'd want to kill.

So well, I do not really like somebody or anybody at the moment, definitely not some waitresses or serveresses or some sunshine rays or whoever else. Those would be classified as "stupid crushes of a young & fun-lovin' boy".

How about when it comes to friends? How many people out there whom you know are truly your friend? How many or who will stand by you when a crisis arises; when there is a falling-out will try to understand each other; when you need help and support they will reach out with a round hand without hesitation?

I had a best friend in primary school and you'd seriously see us have having lunch together in the canteen, play ball together and take the same bus home. Sadly we lost touch once we went to secondary school and neither of us made the attempt to get back in touch with the other. We just took for granted that one day, one party would initiate contact with the next. Back in those days, we had no handphone but there were always the house phone and we do know where each other lives.

I'm ashamed to say that, a couple of days ago, I thought I saw him at the mrt station but I did not dare go up to him and even say "hi". Where is he now? Is he still studying now or in NS? I do not know.

I had a best friend in church, someone whom I clicked with instantly the day (technically, it was night) we start to talk to each other. Since then, we hung out a lot and shared deeply. I use "had" because we no longer are.

I remember that it was because of a choice I made, to protect him (obviously not from physical harm la) but it ended up in us being torn apart. I loved and sacrificed for a friend, a best friend and then I lost him. Nowadays, we just talk and you can see the echoes of our past friendship. He looked up to me like an older brother and I failed him.

Then there were the girls from secondary school, the "8-electrons-gang". Whoever suggested this name I could not remember but the point is, we had each other then and we have each other now. I know things do not last forever, already one do not keep in contact with us anymore and another has her own family but for as long as things are possible, I'm grateful and happy that I have you girls with me on this road. And for all those years of "suaning" me, I hope you girls had enjoyed my company as well. Sometimes even though life gets too hectic, I know we will continue to care for each other and to gossip about each other's other-half.

(Shit!! This is turning out to be some kind of a will a man writes before he jumps. Haha!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home