Tuesday, September 28, 2004

bright lights

Bright Lights

The only thing I like about mid-autumn festival is the yummy and fattening moon cakes, definitely not kids trying to burn up those small neighborhood natural fauna. Yes, I am talking about kids throwing noisy sparklers up branches and creating a mini haze in our heartlands. For crying out loud, parents are also a bunch of insensible child-condoning adults. All they do is stand around and watch their kids squirm and prance around with joy as vandalism was being carried out. Sigh, anyway just heard the irritating sirens of a particular red colour vehicle pass my block. I assume somebody got into trouble.

I also changed my blogskin yesterday, much to the delight of myself too. It is a refreshing change for my own eyes, needless to say, those of my fateful readers too.

Well, as for today. Things did not go well when the sun was up for already, say 3 hours. I woke up late again!! The first thought that flashed through my mind was, 'I am finished, mdm koh is going to skin me alive.' Seriously I got ready in the fastest time I ever clocked, flew downstairs and in the end called for a cab. To top if off, I ran into my mentor at the door to the labs and she plainly commented, 'you are late again?'. Sigh, mdm koh is not any unreasonable and wicked lecturer. She was extremely kind to me and allowed me to sign my attendance so I would not be considered absent and issued a warning letter. Which means I better be extra careful next week and not waste the chance she gave me today. Besides, she did mention that I am a good boy but I seriously need to work on my punctuality. Oh well, people who have known me long would know that this is no new problem.

However, stuff progressed towards the good side as the hours drawn longer. Surprisingly, not only was I awake throughout the entire 4-6 lecture but I really understood what was taught. Plus, I managed to grasp the fundamentals of thermodynamics and reaction kinetics during tutorial with mdm koh. And I got two Bs for my sciences, ranking me 29 & 33 among the cohort of 75 students.

Hey pei en replied me. I wanted to attempt to touch him via the e-mail I sent but I think in the end, I was the one who got touched. A simple e-mail of a few words (not really a few) that can create wonders to the heart. Oh well, I should go and reply the mail soon, and attempt to make him cry loads over my few words. (Laughing out loud)

Current song choice: Go The Distance by Michael Bolton (Disney Hercules OST)
When A Man Loves A Woman by Michael Bolton


Psalms 141:8 But my eyes are toward you, O God, my Lord; in you I seek refuge; leave me not defenseless! (ESV)



Tales of a boy, Part 1

This is a story about a little boy, one young at heart. It is one filled with dreams fulfilled and crashed; promises made and broken; sorrows drowned and heard. This is his tale.

TG looked at that stranger with weird but grateful and eyes. Surprisingly, even though they barely knew each other, that stranger was very kind and friendly to him. He even has his number and was very easy to talk to. TG managed a smile and barely nodded to the stranger when he asked, 'are you alright?'

That caring and charming stranger left for the lift and TG was left standing rooted to the ground, filled with unexplainable warmth that surged through his entire body.


It was not very long till TG got to know the stranger. TG called him big guy, not because of his size or age, but actually because he has been like an elder brother to him, somebody TG not only enjoyed, but also looked forward to meeting.

Big guy was there for TG at his highest high and his lowest low. He promised to carry TG through all his troubles till the suns and the moons and the stars and whatever. And of course he said it to TG with those usual heart-lifting three words, 'I dun mind'.

TG grew accustomed to big guy ever lingering presence nagging at him and giving advice. He was the one who made it possible for TG to pass his physics exam with numerous sessions of tuition. He gave TG a place to go to when TG was breaking down; he gave him warmth as a very useful 'furnace', and he gave him a brother, the brother TG never had but wished for so much so much.

They shared their deepest, at the most unimaginable place - the airport, over the favorite chicken of TG, popeyes. TG could never forget those long and hard nights of revision for the prelims. It was big guy and his voice that carried him through, those calls that would last late into the night or early into the morning if you see it that way. TG was a road idiot and knew naught about oh too many places in Singapore; big guy naturally became the most obvious choice to bring that boy-of-no-sense-of-direction to various places. Yeah, it was almost like an itinerary planned out except the two are not foreign tourists and dates are missing because other obligations took up much of their time.

Big guy was the greatest brotherly figure TG has had. But all good things come to an end, because it did not take longer than a few months for things to go awfully bad for TG. Emptiness was being slowly carved out in his heart by the most unexpected person ever.

P.S. just in case anybody misunderstood, none of the above mentioned duo is (gasp) gay. Any love between the two is one of pure and brotherly nature. The story is not fiction, and no, do not ask is it me or not. My name is Albert, not TG or big guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home