Thursday, October 16, 2008

Albert Bunny

Remember last week when I was having such a bad time at work and at home?? My friend Jayden managed to convince me to go watch House Bunny with him and it's been quite some time since Mama Mia after I came back from Darwin so I thought why not, could be good to watch some bimbotic comedy and have a few good laughs. Turns out that House Bunny ain't that bimbotic after all.


True, Anna Faris (Scary Movie) playing the role of Shelley Darlington may seem like your usual typical pretty dumb blonde, plus the fact that she's a Playboy Bunny in the movie doesn't quite seem to add any points to her whole intellectual outlook, but towards the end of the film, there was a scene in which she delivers a speech that came totally straight and sincerely from the bottom of her heart and there was a scene earlier in the movie that really hit me.

Shelley, as the house mother of an initial bunch of clueless and unglamorous sorority girls, managed to educate the girls and gave them such a makeover that all the girls became hot, sassy and sexy 'chicks'. But in the scene where the 7 girls were selecting which freshmen to invite to join their house, one of them realised that in making themselves prettier and popular, they have lost sight of who they really were (or who they use to be) and in fact, became just like the group of girls from an opposing sorority house - girls who judged other girls based on looks and family background.

Now I know I'm no gorgeous hunk or handsome stud but allow me some ego la, at least I think I look decent with my 2 eyes, 1 nose, 1 mouth and 2 ears. Anyway Jerald gave me a 7 out of 10 on the Scale so I think I pass la.

Point is, I did not use to wear contacts and to be honest, ever since I started to shed my nerdy-spectacled image, I suddenly became visible again. I mean that when I go to the clubs, it's almost as if all of a sudden, by removing my glasses, at the same time I removed this veil that had kept me from being visible to the world. Now, people look at me when I enter the club; I'm no head-turner but at least now people notice me. (Or maybe I just became so much more uglier people thought how come I was not dragged back during the 7th month.)


And I spend so much time preening myself in front of the mirror and putting in so much effort when it comes to facial care and making sure my shoes match my shirt and my button match my belt buckle and that tread hanging out from the side of my pants is cut away blah blah blah, I suddenly realised that I have no idea what am I doing it for or why am I even doing it in the first place?? Have looks really replaced the position of inner beauty, did my shirt from that designer label became more important than my character?? Does it really matters that the next time I enter a club or walk through the doors to a party, I make sure people see me and that their line of sight will continue to train on me. If somebody only likes me just because I'm wearing contacts and not spectacles, just who did that somebody fall for??

After saying so much, really the more important questions are: what comes next?? Where do I draw the line between being well-groomed and just pure 'hiao'?? Will there be any changes that I shall have to make?? Have I really lost myself?? Or perhaps deep within me, I have all along been this way - the pot they call vain.




It's been 5 days since I last heard from you... ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home