Tuesday, October 07, 2008

10 Bad Events

I have no idea which "broomstick star" did I offend or what evil have I committed for my week (and weekend) to turn out so badly. In chronological order instead of the usual popularity chart, here are some of the 10 bad events that I was "karmaed" with.

#1 The computer has been "down" since last week and it's very frustrating because I'm no IT expert. Even right now I still haven't "cured" it completely yet.


#2 Dropped my W550i on Sunday morning right before heading out to meet some of my ship crew for the 10km "Run for Hope 08" event at East Coast park. Think the drop must have broke the phone's antenna.


#3 Couldn't reach my Mum the entire time when I was at Esprit buying my niece Reiko's birthday present (cause I left my member card with her). Got totally frustrated because I know my phone is fine when I can still receive calls from others. Even borrowed the store's phone to call home but still could not get through. In the end I had to make the purchase without my member card.


#4 Wanted to take the free shuttle service back home but when I got to the bus stop, to my absolute horror, the bus took off right before my eyes. Waited for another hour or so before the next bus came and to top it off, it started pouring and got me all cold and wet and pathetic.


#5 Told myself to calm down before I reach home. Alas, it was in vain. The irony is, right the day before I actually told Shuya and Huiting not to quarrel with their mum or something and barely 24 hours later, I realised I should have heeded my own advice.


#6 Facing some family problems at the moment. Honestly, I'm just trying to be a good son to BOTH my Dad & my Mum but it seems like I'm caught in between because the two of them have differing views. Tried to find a solution to please both parties but in the end I gave up because my cousin Casey pointed out to me that there is no point in forcing any of them to do anything against their wishes. In the end I decided to go with my Mum's choice and then I felt so bad, as if I let my Dad down. Thank God for Casey who encouraged me.


#7 Was so tired that I overslept on Monday morning and had to take a cab to work. Been taking cabs to work recently and it isn't cheap to get to Tuas from Sengkang.


#8 Work today was super horrible and disgusting. As if overnight quartermaster duty isn't tiring enough, I had to get scolded by one of the chiefs this morning because apparently he wasn't satisfied with our (the junior ratings) performance. I argued that I had completed most of the basic tasks and chores yesterday night but he countered that those were not enough and that our standard has deteriorated tremendously. I felt bad that I'm partly responsible for getting the rest into trouble.


#9 Already the day started off badly; it got worse when I realised I had misplaced a classification "Secret" document.


#10 Apparently the pair of black havaianas with metallic logo which I got in Darwin is going to be launched locally soon. This signifies that in no time at all, I will see lots of people with the same slippers as me. And I think I actually bought it at a higher price.
Maybe at the end of everything it doesn't really feel like the world is coming to an end, or the poor have no rice to eat or there is a gaping hole over our heads due to global warming but when all these sort of small mundane bad stuff happens all at once, you'd wish that you had been the Ferrari driver who lost the Singapore GP.

3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

*pats pats*

Wkend is here again~ I am sure your luck will soon change... Cheer up~~ :)

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger EC said...

Good and bad to have a dog ba... The bad side is when the whole family decides to go on a holiday, and when the dog falls ill

 
At 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, can leave them in pet hotels, maybe i'm thinking too much in my case, because my dog only eats pork, the home cooked kind and not dog food..

ec

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home