Thursday, July 20, 2006

Amidst the months of misery and gloom, I finally found one simple reason to thank God for. On this one momentous night, I saw a glimpse of hope, sensed a feeling of joy and had a thought of gratefulness.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday.

*****

On another note, I had a rather funny incident on the train today. I happened to find an eye candy on the journey home and at one of the stations, the man sitting next to me seemed like he was going to get up and alight. So naturally people will want to take his seat and my eye candy did moved nearer to us.

When the man finally got up from his seat and my eye candy was going to sit down, something else happened instead. Seemingly from nowhere, this Indian man stuck out his hand and blocked my eye candy; he then cut across my eye candy's path and gestured for his wife to sit down instead.

At the face of such a situation, is one supposed to grimace at the stunned expression of my eye candy? Smile inwardly at the man's chivalry? Or just laugh at the whole atrocity?

*****

Another of my friend told me that he got attached recently this week, him being the 2nd one already. This set me thinking, did I put in too much effort or did I seemingly take on a "bo chap" attitude?

I was interested (to at least be friends if not anything else) and I know I definitely did not play hard to get but a combination of increased workload (resulting in fatigue), family & friends problems and just plain "good" old stress had forced me to become a benched player. No pun intended.

Rhetorical question: does the above count as excuses?

When I took on a proactive role, I was deemed as being desperate. When I chose to sit and watch and wait, I lost my chances.

*****

Took the following from a friend's blog.

"i'll just settle for finding a group of really good friends. friends that will never desert you. the kind that you can call in the middle of the night when you need someone to talk to. people to have lunch with in the cafeteria. to save you seats at lectures. to hang out after school with. friends who celebrate each other birthdays, not because they're obligated to, but because they want to. friends that will take millions of pictures so that when i'm older i can look at these pictures and feel a warm glow"

A simple but yet poignant and genuine expression of one's perception on friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home