Monday, July 17, 2006

It has been a stressful year (and the year's not even over, it's only July) and along the way, I truly felt that I've lost much more than I had gained. When one crisis seemed to be almost over or dying down, another wave arose. 5 more months and counting down; I'll face yet another, one more crisis on the horizon that may just prove to be the biggest ever.

Anyway, I had a talk with a few of my closest friends on Saturday & Sunday. Verdict: Albert, you crossed the line. Reason being that it was none of your (my) business. True, you (I) can say you (I) thought it through and you did not do it on impulse but can you (me) also say that a little part of it did not stem from the low self-esteem of a very bitter guy?

Question: did I made assumptions or jumped to conclusions? Was I unreasonable or oversensitive?

Give this some thought, I only have one thing left to say (not to defend myself or to justify any of my actions) - people do not cook up stories because they just had dinner and have nothing better to do. We see things and interpretations will be made. If there had been nothing, would I have had anything to speak (write) about?

Once I was clear of my directions in life, the goals I have, a purpose-driven life that I will ardently make my way towards. Now I think I'm just lost, confused, a little too wild and perhaps inundated with the colours and smells of the secular world.

I will get my priorities right though. Having been through so much, I'm not that blind to the extent of not realising that when I came into this world, all I had was my family and that at the end of the day, it may be the same thing.


The setting sun's orange light was glowing in your face and I realised I stood there mesmerized. Dusk is indeed a beautiful and alluring time, comparable with the likes of dawn.

Was I invading in on your secrets
Was I too close for comfort
You're pushing me out when I wanted in
What was I just about to discover
When I got too close for comfort
And driving you home
Guess I'll never know

~ Too Close For Comfort, McFly

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE BERT

Question: did I made assumptions or jumped to conclusions? Was I unreasonable or oversensitive?

Answer: You can also made assumptions and jump to conclusions.
And you can be unreasonable by being oversensitive.

VICE VERSA

 
At 12:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the question was meant to be rhetorical, not to be answered...haha

bert

 
At 6:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we all make mistakes in our lives, but what I have learnt over the years is that just do what you feel is right. Be happy with what you do. You have your friends around you to support you.

 
At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUT ...buttt buuuttt that's a question! You insult my intelligence,i gonna complain to my mama. My mama will come and spank your sorry ARS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home