Thursday, August 17, 2006

"with memories I reminisce
those moments I think of you
to let you not stray far from me
as we walk in this season of embrace
I am not a poor fellow as I have love in my heart

remembrance warms the times when I miss you
I hold on tight to the words you said
And wait... ..."

~ adapted from "I'm Sorry, I Love You", Cai Chun Jia

A little more than 3 months ago, I lost a person I loved most dearly in this world to the fight against cancer. After that I started to stray, lost my direction and began to do some crazy stuff. On top of that, I still have got family issues to deal with since late last year, problems extending well into late this year. Put everything together and I think I'm just beginning to go through my quarter-life crisis.

At the risk of sounding passe, I was drowning in a pool of water (ermm make that apple juices, it's stickier than water) and you came along, saved me (unfortunately not via resuscitation) and gave me hope.

I know our road ahead is not exactly made of polished Italian marble, rather I think we have to trek through a path paved with a myriad of broken glass shards, hot asphalt and jagged granite. Think a couple of weary travelers lost in the desert without a single drop of consumable life-renewing liquid; picture a pair of divers who just ran out of oxygen while underwater; what about those two who jumped out of a plane and only discovered in mid jump that none of their backpacks are working, well you catch my drift.

Having said that, it does not in anyway means that I think the two of us will not work out. I know you have your reservations about me and I too have doubts from time to time, but nobody knows what will happen in the future unless we give ourselves this chance and give us a shot.

Love - a transcendence of circumstances and acceptance of flaws; the differentiation between pure physical attraction and genuine chemistry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home